In today’s world, because of increasing digital crime and internet fraud, many people will be highly familiar with the importance of Online Security. 2 Factor Authentication is two-step verification, its an extra security step of your security.
It significantly decreases the risk of a hacker accessing your online accounts by combining your password (something you know) with a second factor, like your mobile phone (something you have). When you enter username and password that’s considered a Single-factor authentication but 2 Factor Authentication is the second step.
2 Factor Authentication requires you to verify your identity using a random sequence of six numbers(security code). You can choose to have this security code sent to your mobile phone and it used only once. It is not a password that you need to create and remember. You will get a security code to verify your identity when you perform highly sensitive transactions. Organization owners can require that organization members, outside collaborators, and billing managers use two-factor authentication to secure their personal accounts.
Rather than relying on a password alone, which can be phished or guessed, Two Factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your accounts. We support QR code, OTP over SMS and Email, Push, Soft token (15+ methods to choose from).
- You can log in using only password OR password + two-factor
- All types of phones are supported by Smart Phones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry), Basic Phones, Landlines, etc.
- If your phone is lost or stolen or discharged, we offer alternate login methods like OTP Over Email and Security Questions (KBA).
- If your phone is offline, you can use a one-time passcode generated by the app to log in.
- We support multiple authentication methods along with their backup methods.
- We support Device Identification. If the user selects a remember device then in the next login from the same device, the user will not be prompted for Two Factor.
- It is very difficult to log in to your site from the mobile browser with the second factor enabled. We provide you option that will convert any authentication method into Security Questions (KBA) on the mobile browsers.